Payment, Discounts and Cancellations
- An initial minimum commitment of 8 weeks is required, after which 4-weekly (or monthly on request) payment is possible. This means that setup plus 8 weeks is the minimum payment required to get started.
- If you are paying 4-weekly or monthly you can cancel your coaching at any time after the initial 8 weeks. One week’s notice before your next payment / plan block is due will be required.
- BACS is the preferred payment method (UK bank account) but I also accept PayPal and credit card payments on request.
- I offer 5% discount if you purchase 16-23 weeks and pay upfront, 10% discount for 24-39 weeks paid in advance and 15% discount for 40+ weeks paid in advance. These payments should be made by Bank Transfer (UK bank account).
- I don’t issue refunds, but you can pause your coaching for a minimum of 4 weeks and up to a maximum of 6 months. We then break all communication and support until you are ready to start again. If you get ill or injured and need to defer your race entry to the following year, it may be possible to pause your coaching beyond six months for up to one year. This is entirely at my discretion and subject to price adjustment once you re-start in line with new price list if applicable.
- Previous clients who wish to re-start coaching will be required to pay a new Setup fee if more than 6 months passed since the previous plan stopped, OR if there have been significant changes to circumstances, such as a drastic change in level of fitness or the occurrence of an injury.
Delivery of the plan and tracking of progress
Silver, Gold and VIP
- I typically deliver the plan in 4-week blocks. A new block is typically delivered 1-2 days before it starts and subject to you having provided me feedback on the previous block via e-mail or phone/Skype and paid for the next block. If I don’t hear from you there may be a delay in your plan or it may not be tailored to all your whereabouts for that period.
- Plans are typically delivered in pdf or excel depending on your preference.
- Sessions are specified per day and you decide if you prefer kilometres, miles, or duration. I can also deliver HR guidance if you are familiar with your resting and max Heart Rate or additional HR measures.
- I can track your progress in various ways. If you record your training online I prefer to track you via Strava. Catching up via e-mail, phone or notes in your plan is also fine with me.
- If I don’t hear from you I will assume that you are able to more or less follow the plan and doing well. It is your responsibility to let me know if you need help, guidance or changes to the plan.
- The Bronze level is a 12-week plan delivered in one go, 1-2 days before your plan is due to start. If, when you receive the plan, you would like to make any changes immediately, you need to let me know within 5 days of receiving the plan. Any changes made within the first 5 days will be free of charge and not count towards your one included change, which you can use at any later time.
- The plan will be delivered in pdf format unless we agree otherwise.
- The Bronze plan can be made up to be 10-14 weeks and the price will be pro-rata based on the actual number of weeks. The price of the setup is fixed.
- I reserve the right to refuse delivery of a Bronze plan if I don’t think it is the right plan for you. Typically, you should only opt for this plan if you have previous consistent running experience, if you are typically injury free and have been injury free for at least the past 6 months.
Support via e-mail and calls/Skype
- Calls are 30 minutes and can generally be done via Skype, Facebook Messenger, FaceTime, WhatsApp, or mobile phone.
- I do my best to support you when you need it, however, sometimes travel to remote locations for training or racing may impact my ability to connect via certain methods or at all. In such cases it may be necessary to bring forward or delay a call. If I anticipate issues I will always plan for this and keep you informed.
- Unlimited calls on the VIP plan are subject to my availability and to a maximum of three calls per week.
- If e-mails are excessively long I reserve the right to treat one e-mail as two or several and this will come out of your e-mail allowance. Should this be the case I will let you know.
- It is not possible to “bank” call time or e-mails for later. For example, if you didn’t use all your call allowance in February, you can’t add it on in April for more support during that month.
- The support I offer via e-mail or Skype as part of your package is primarily related to your training progress. If you require guidance on other aspects of your preparations, for example a review of your nutrition plan or a personalised kit list, these are services that I may need to charge additional consultation time for unless you are on the VIP plan.
Plan Benefits and Extras
- Discount at myRaceKit is included on Silver plans and above. Please request your personal discount code to benefit from this. Discount does not apply to shipping and cannot be combined with other discount offers. Retrospective discounts cannot be given.
- Other discounts may be offered from time to time via partners.
- On the VIP plan, in order to benefit from personalised kit list and race nutrition plan, a minimum term of 12 weeks is required.
Liability for injury
- In using the information delivered in our training plans and all associated documentation via any media, you agree to always performing a warm-up properly before any workout, and immediately cease any exercise which results in pain or discomfort.
- You agree to contact us as soon as you notice any niggles, injuries or unusual tiredness or illness so that we can take appropriate action and work with you to limit the risk of further injury and get you back on track.
- It is our aim to deliver a safe plan that will minimise the risk of injury. Nevertheless, when we perform physical activity and train for extreme events, injury may occur for any number of reasons. When you sign up to our coaching services, you agree not to hold us responsible for any injury or loss that is incurred through use of the information we have provided.